2011年3月26日土曜日

lessons I learned from Coches.com founder



The last Wednesday talk was from Iñaki Arrola, Founder and CEO of Coches.com.
The first motivation and ideas he started to launch business were “two cars were merchandised in two different prices”. 
This is quite simple phenomenon but he had an eye on it and launched this business. I think unique & interesting business models are scattering in our daily life, therefore, we should take care our life, as he did, and once we find unique phenomenon or problem, we should tackle on it immediately. Otherwise, this might be scooped by someone else….

He started this business with 28,550 euros and no tech person in the team in the first 3 years. I was surprised because in this kind of internet business, I thought the role of CTO is inevitable…. But, he did business without CTO….


What I am impressed most from his lesson/message were

●  Dont start business with friends
I think this might be true. Actually, some of my friends started venture with friends and mostly failed. As an entrepreneur, Iñaki Arrola taught us the importance of finding good business   partners according to the roles.

●  Motivate for employee
Almost all employees join the start-up hoping to dream…. Even if the salary is low at first stage, the entrepreneur should give them some equity and challenging responsibility.
Entrepreneur can make employees highly motivated.

●  Listen to customers
This is the basic business concept and everybody knows it. But, it does not always work well…. Coches.com makes out.

The questions I want to ask ,,,,
● Coches.com dos not turn over other goods, such as used jewelry, watches, and home electronics, besides cars ?
● Cohes.com has no plan to expand business in different countries ?

Thanks Enrique & Iñaki for exciting lectures!! 

3 件のコメント:

  1. You are missing a "c" in Coches.com (Gosh, I can't imagine the number of things I'd be missing if I'd try to write in Japanese :-)

    返信削除
  2. Oh, thanks,,, I modified my mistake.

    返信削除
  3. Mitsu

    First of all let me thank you for "being japanese" It is kind of strange but I think that if people act like you guys after de 3/11 the world will be much different.
    Second thanks for attending the class and specially after that, I guess, sad journey.
    Third because of the post.
    Keep in touch.

    Iñaki Arrola

    返信削除